I just read Magpie Girl’s post on 8 Things to Love About Housemates.? Well, I’ve never been much on housemates per se, but I’ll complement her post with my own version:
- Coffee on the nightstand when I try to pry my eyelids open to get out of bed too early.
- Someone available to scratch my back just right when it itches.
- When we hear strange bumps in the night, he’ll get up and investigate so I don’t have to hide trembling under the covers.
- Insists I put my cold feet on him to warm them up in bed.
- Fresh-baked cinnamon rolls for Saturday morning breakfast in bed.
- Knows I could handle it (whatever it is) myself but chooses not to let me do so.
- Cleans our neighbor’s gutters also whenever he cleans our own.
- Doesn’t drive like my ex-husband.